Audio blog with links to great live tracks from great live bands.

Friday, October 14, 2005

This Is Red Rocks! This Is The Edge!

OK, so like every self-respecting 'head in the 90s, I dissed U2 as bloated, borderline-Broadway-esque crap. I found Trey's (or was it Mike?) mockery of the Old Dubliners on "Junta" hilarious. But after weeding thru that version of Icculus recently, I came to a realization: That song blows. And you know what? U2 ain't too bad. I remember in high school being so much of a music snob that I turned down a ticket to see The Joshua Tree tour at RFK in DC. I told my friend that I didn't like their new stuff as much. Bad move. So now, almost 20 years later, I finally found what I was, um, looking for.

Yes, I went to go see U2 last week at MSG and it freakin' rocked. Sure, Bono talks too much. But you know what? He's a rock star. That's what rock stars do. So I didn't blink when I found myself whooping and whipping to everything The Man With The Fly Shades said. And in between solliquies about poverty and debt relief, U2 played some of the greatest pop/rock anthems ever-written.

"Where The Streets Have No Name" - U2 Boston, 5/26/05

I was never a huge fan of this song, but after seeing it live, I have found a new respect for it. By the way, It's good to see that bands like U2 are finally realizing that live music bittorrents are not evil.

Sign up at U2torrents.com and check out some more of their shows from their entire history.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home