Audio blog with links to great live tracks from great live bands.

Friday, September 23, 2005

I Can't Explain

I don't know why I am in this mood today, but I am. Fridays put me into a groovier mood, I guess. So what do you get when you take a guy like me who doesn't know what to post and add it with a Friday? You get Lotus. A band I have not seen. I've checked them out online a few times. Seems like they could be a good time, especially if they're taking the stage post-midnight. No, they're not charting new waters and I'd definitely have a hard time differentiating between them and STS9. But you know what? Sometimes this kind of groove is just what you're looking to listen to.

"Greet The Mind" - Lotus 4/12/05, Boston, MA

This little disco number that turns up the heat is a standout of this nicely recorded first set. It would definitely get me to bust out my dancing shoes at one of their shows. One other funny note about this show is the rebel yells you hear from the crowd sprinkled throughout the show. Yes. Rebel yells. In BOSTON. You people say that NEW YORKERS are everywhere. You take a band who could have all been born on the North Pole, but damn, as soon as they move south of the Mason-Dixon line and immediately their fans turn into Jefferson Davis, Stonewall Jackson, and Jeff Foxworthy all rolled into one. Case in point: Widespread Panic. Anyone out there know where John "JB" Bell is from? That hotbed of the Confederacy called Cleveland, OH. But the way the fans react to him (and by the way he talks), you'd think he'd won the Nextel Cup, or something.

Anyway, you can download the whole Lotus show here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Che blog interessante! Lo aggiungerò ai miei "siti internet preferiti"!

Io ho un sito di scommesse calcio . Esso compre molto bene gli aspetti relativi a scommesse calcio .

Mi piacerebbe che venissi a vederlo se e quando avrai tempo!

6:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home