Audio blog with links to great live tracks from great live bands.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

FINALLY!

File this one in the "Better Late Than Never" department. Yes, yes, I have become one of those guys who wants instant gratification, especially when it comes to live music downloads. In college, I used to consider myself lucky if I came across a Phish tape that had been recorded within the past year. But oh how a decade of technical advancement will change a music freak like me. If I don't see a show up on the various sites (etree, archive.org, etc.) within 12 minutes of the final notes being played then I start planning my tri-state killing spree. And when the words "late night" and "Bonnaroo" are involved, well, then that lag time gets cut to 6 minutes. That's why I have been moaning to many people over the past two months, chanting the same mantra: "WHERE THE HELL IS THAT SECRET MACHINES SHOW FROM BONNAROO????" I can finally find peace and zen in my world because someone has posted it. And to them I say a big, fat, funky-fresh "Thank you."

"First Wave" - Secret Machines, 6/11/2005 Manchester, TN

Secret Machines are, without a doubt, the only I band I will tell everyone - I mean, EVERYONE - that they must see live. Umphrey's is just not going to be most people's cup o' tea. String Cheese? Please. Even Widespread I know is just not for everyone (blaspheme!).

Try getting the torrent here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

I just downloaded this. I've been listening to The Secret Machines nonstop since I got Now Here is Nowhere.

Uhm yeah, I need to see them. They're awesome in my book, and this show is great.

11:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home