Audio blog with links to great live tracks from great live bands.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The point of all this

Why the hell am I doing this? There are so many damn blogs out there with so much music. But I'm sorry, I just don't really care about DJ Screwdaddy's remix of some Coldplay song or a track released in 1972 on a random Danish electronic label. Where can I find what is going on NOW? No...I mean right NOW.

OK, OK. That's not the only reason. There also didn't seem to be a good, true jamband blog, so I figured I'd see if I couldn't start one up. So that's what you'll find here. Just some kickin' jams from the kings, queens, knights, rooks, and anyone else who I deem to fall into the jamband genre. Usually the links will be from live shows, and more often than not, you'll be able to find the show here to download the full show.

So without furthur adieu...Ladies and gentlemen, my first post.

"Freedom" - Tea Leaf Green, Petaluma, CA 3/11/05

A killer song from a killer band. Mark my words now: Forget Umphrey's McGee. Their stuff is just too proggy for the mainstream. Tea Leaf Green is poised to hit it bigger than anyone else currently on the scene. TLG has the songs, the jams, the stage presence, and the overall vibe that Phish had at their age.

1 Comments:

Blogger j. said...

Umphrey's McGee sucks in my opinion. It's too mainstream jammy, it's just so cliche. I knew the jamband scene was going down hill (other than feeling it myself)when Relix had Umphrey's McGee on the cover as the best jamband of the year (last year i think?). Haven't heard this other band though, heard of them but not heard them. The jamband scene, sadly, is being watered down and mudded. mudded, is that a word? man, sorry about being so negative on your blog. i enjoy it (the blog, not the negativity).

3:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home